THE SOUND POST LTD
Distributors of Bowed String Instruments & Accessories
The Sound Post Ltd is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will be pleased to assist you.
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By browsing The Sound Post Ltd website at thesoundpost.co.uk (“the Website”) you agree to this policy.
Table of Contents
1. Definitions used in this Policy
2. Data protection principles we follow
3. What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
4. What Personal Data we gather about you
5. How we use your Personal Data
6. Who else has access to your Personal Data
7. How we secure your data
8. Information about cookies
9. Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalised or not).
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
• Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
• Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
• Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
• Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
• We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
• We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
1. Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
2. Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
3. Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
4. Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
5. Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
6. Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
7. Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
8. Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
9. Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
10. Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
11. Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
Information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, IP address. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
• provide our service to you. This includes for example information about products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
• enhance your customer experience;
• fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
• to identify you;
• to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
• to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
• to contact you.
• to administer and analyse browsing activity in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/services offered/provided;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services to be our legitimate interest.
We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes . If you do not wish us to use your data in this way please contact us.
With your consent we may Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
• to send you newsletters and campaign offers.
• for other purposes we have asked your consent for.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save information gathered about you for as long as needed for obligations deriving from law, but not for an unreasonable period.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
• the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
• the further Processing would not harm your interests and
• there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with third parties for marketing purposes or any other purpose unless legally obliged to.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
• Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
• Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
• Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Supervisory Authority (United Kingdom)
Data Protection Authority Website
Includes Data Protection Authority Email Contact Form
Data Protection Authority Phone Helpline: 0303 123 1113
The Sound Post Ltd
Our Contact Email: Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
T. +44 (0) 1985 851122
F. +44 (0) 1985 851188
Registered in England No 03100243
The Sound Post Limited, Jocelyn House, 2d Newopaul Way, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 8RY, United Kingdom.
“The Sound Post Ltd, registered in England, No 03100243, is a Wholesale Distributor of bowed string instruments, parts and accessories. It has no connection to the retail business known as Soundpost, of Guildford Surrey nor with The Sound Post (Canada) or any other business/organisation with a similar name.”
Last modification was made 09/05/18
Direct Links to Full Instrument Range
The Sound Post Limited, Jocelyn House, 2d Newopaul Way, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 8RY, UK. Registered in England No. 03100243.
T: +44 0 1985 851122
F: +44 0 1985 851188